The wider objectives of the project is to respond to the needs identified through the development of an inter/multidisciplinary MSc programme in Climate Change, Agricultural Development and Food Security that will help promote the Sustainable Develoment Goals, especially SDG 2, by providing students with the skills and tools for developing agricultural practices, policies and measures to address the challenge that climate change poses for agriculture and food security in the two target countries and in the MENA region, in general. The specific objectives are to:
- Carry out capacity building for the involved staff from the partner institutions: a) to design post-graduate curricula in line with the Bologna process; b) to design and develop inter/multidisciplinary course curricula at the post-graduate level; and c) to apply innovative and flexible teaching and learning methods.
- Develop a platform for blended learning supplemented by laboratories to support the MSc. programme and function as life-long learning resources and develop Centers of Excellence in CCSAFS in each partner country university.
- Develop an inter/multidisciplinary MSc. programme in Climate Change, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security, comparable and compatible with EU equivalent programmes in cooperation with EU and PC Universities, NGOs, local agricultural/food industry, government agencies and higher education accreditation commissions. It will be worth of 120 ECTS (90 ECTS course work & 30 ECTS thesis) where Suez Canal University, Egypt and Jerash University, Jordan will serve as the main hubs.
- Accredit and implement the MSc. programme under the guidance of the Higher Education Accreditation Commissions, starting with the first cohort of students at the third year of the project.
- Carry out diagnostic, formative and summative assessment activities across the project design, development and implementation process.